The citizens of next countries can come to Belarus both by land or air without visas (please do not forget about medical insurance - it's obligatory):Argentina, Brazi, Israel, Mongolia and Venezuela - up to 90 days; China, Cuba, Ecuador, Qatar, Serbia, Turkey, UAE - up to 30 days; Macedonia and Montenegro may enter by land for up to 30 days if they have the letter of invitation from parents, business partners or tourist agency.
Starting from July 27, 2018 the citizens of following countries may enter Belarus by air only for 30 days period: Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic), Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu.
1. You must enter Belarus by plane through Minsk international airport.
2. You may stay no more than 30 days including the days of arrival and departure.
3. You must leave Belarus by plane through the same airport.
4. Your flight must not be from/to Russia.
5. Don't forget to make an insurance policy upon arrival to Minsk airport before going to border control.
The citizens of Gambia, Haiti, India, Lebanon, Namibia, Samoa and Vietnam also need to comply with the following:
6. You must have in your passport valid multiple visa of any Schengen states or any European Union state with the stamp of entry/exit of this state.
7. You must have with you your return air ticket printed.
Q: What happens if I stay longer?
A: Border control will not let you out, you will have to apply for special outbond visa in police department of the area you staid. You will get a fine up to 1225 BYN (around 520 EUR currently), maybe you will be deported and it will be forbidden to come back for five years.
Q: What happens if I leave Belarus within 30 days with the flight to Moscow?
A: You will not be allowed to check in on this flight.
Q: What happens if I decide to go to Russia by train or by bus for just one day during my 5 days in Belarus?
A: Russia have put border control and they will not let you in.
Q: What happens if I leave Belarus by train or bus to Vilnius or Kiev?
A: Belarusian border police will not let you out, you will have to find the way to turn back to Minsk airport when they stop you.
In any other case (coming or going away by plane from/to Russia, or border crossing by train or by bus you will need Belarusian visa.
Despite declaring that people are closer to one another these days, still there are things that separate all of us quite successfully – borders with gloomy officials and barking dogs, all the other equipment including. So, first of all when you have decided to visit our country you are sure to think about a visa to Belarus. Then you should take steps mentioned in the list below:
- Check if your passport is valid, quite a percentage of people forget that their ID also has a shelf life. So, your passport should be valid at least 90 days after a requested visa expires and have at least two blank pages.
- Apply to a consulate of the Republic of Belarus, if there is one in your country or city. A valid passport, an application with a photo, a copy of a letter of invitation submitted by somebody from here is all that you need. Usually you’ll get your visa in 5 business days. Tourist visa to Belarus has a validity of 30 days
- If there are no consular offices of Belarus nearby, you can postpone obtaining a visa till your arrival in Minsk. Unfortunately, it works only if you choose coming here by plane. The visa fee will be higher when getting it at the airport and you risk to stand in a queue. But at least it solves the problem. By the way, if you do not have any acquaintances in Minsk who could send a letter of invitation to you, we’ll be glad to help.
- Go to the local police station upon arrival to Belarus to register your visa there. It’s an obligatory procedure, so it’s better not to skip it otherwise you will have to pay a fine or persuade a policeman in your hereditary absent-mindedness and muddle-headedness. Some of them are nice guys and keep believing in fairy-tales while others can really spoil your stay here.
You can apply for Belarusian visa in any Consulate abroad or directly in the Minsk airport upon arrival.
The price of Belarusian tourist visa is 60 EUR for citizens of all the countries if issued in 5 business days or 120 EUR if issued in 2 business days in the consular offices of the Republic of Belarus in following countries: Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Brasilia, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Estonia, Egypt, Finland, France, Hungary, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Republic of South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam.
There is possibility to get Belarusian visa in Minsk airport with above-mentioned fairs multiplicated per 3. The citizens of countries where there is no Belarusian Consular office can apply for visa after arrival to Minsk airport paying 90 EUR for a single-entry visa and 135 EUR for double entry tourist visa to Belarus. Upon arrival to Belarus you must register your tourist Belarusian visa at the local police station within 5 business days.
If you need just a letter of invitation without renting one of our apartments in Minsk our service fee is 70 EUR and the duration of visa cannot be more of 5 business days. If you choose one of our apartments for up to 9 days and you get your visa in any Consular office of Belarus abroad we will issue the documents for free. If your stay is longer and or/if you are going to apply for Belarusain visa in Minsk airport the price of the letter of invitation which allows you to get a tourist visa to Belarus for all your stay is 40 EUR.
The citizens of the most countries of the world must present an insurance policy at the moment of applying for Belarusian visa. We can buy such a policy for you in Minsk insurance company and send you a copy together with the rest of the documents for your Belarusian visa.
To apply for our visa support letter please fill in the following form and don't forget to write your name, valid email address and your citizenship.